Shattering The Glass Ceiling Within

This is a life coaching blog that will provide information that will assist women in overcoming barriers to change and other helpful information relating to women's health.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

The Five Minute Rule

I love the five minute rule. I discovered it through a procrastination workbook I purchased several years ago. The basic idea is that "you can do anything for five minutes." If you are one of my clients, you have or will hear me talk about this rule of conquering procrastination, clutter and whatever else is getting you down.

The most common response I hear is "I don't have five minutes!" I just repeat the rule back "you can do anything for five minutes". Carving five minutes out of your life is much easier to handle than carving out an hour or half an hour. The beauty of the five minute rule is that once you get started you will probably go ten minutes or longer.

Getting started is the hard part of any dreaded task. Just commit to five minutes. Get up five minutes earlier or go to bed five minutes later. You can always find five minutes. Good Luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home